[nflug] USB Mouse erratic bahaviour

joshj at linuxmail.org joshj at linuxmail.org
Fri Jul 21 14:09:16 EDT 2006

When we last left our adventurers...

> yes this is laptop. It was actually working fine then
> it just started happening. I have had this happen
> before too on pcs. Its a usb belkin mouse. Works fine
> in winblows.
>
> here is the mouse section:
> Section "InputDevice"
>        Identifier  "Mouse0"
>        Driver      "mouse"
>        Option      "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
>        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
>        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
>        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
> EndSection

I'm also using a USB mouse (but not on a lappy). The only difference is
that I'm using Protocol "IMPS/2" (not sure if the capitalization of the
"M" is important) and my device is "/dev/psaux" which is a symlink to
/dev/misc/psaux. I specifically remember having the problem with
/dev/input/mice for some reason. I'm sure that that could be different
between distros but give it a shot.