[nflug] More Free Stuff

Brad Bartram brad.bartram at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 15:58:48 EDT 2006

I didn't see anyone else pick up on it, so I figured I'd pass the word a
little.

Amongst everything else going on, Microsoft (boo hiss!) released Virtual PC
2004 for free.  I've used virtual pc on my mac for the last year and a half
so I know how it works and am pretty satisfied with the software.  I
downloaded a copy of the software yesterday and installed it on my win2k box
at home, which I intend to use for installing and trying out some of the
various distros.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtualpc/default.mspx

In related news, VMware, not to be outdone by Microsoft, released their
mid-level virtualization server software for free also.

Unfortunately, I don't have a link for the VMware software, but you should
be able to find it with only a little bit of googling.

brad