[nflug] fstab usb drive question

Stephen Burke qfwfq at adelphia.net
Sat Jan 28 01:27:59 EST 2006

Hello all,

I am running BLAG 30000 (fc3) on dell optiplex PII with a small hard
drive (20 GB, dual-booted with 2k - 10/10) that has two usb2 hard dives
attached to it. One is the totally enclosed variety (made by fantom
drives) - 160GB - single vfat partition. The other is the aluminum
enclosure variety (some assembly required) with a 250GB seagate drive
split into four ext3 partitions. I would like to be able to add these
drives into fstab (correctly this time) so that all five of these
partitions would mount at boot time and I would be able to write to them
and share them out and all that good stuff, but documentation about how
to master fstab seems limited indeed. Unless I'm just looking in the
wrong place.

Can anyone enlighten me on either what fstab might look like here or
where to find an fstab explanation not written in martian?

Thanks,
S.