[nflug] Cron email limit?

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at Dynabrade.com
Thu Jan 26 08:23:06 EST 2006

I have an oracle export on a Redhat 2.1ES system out of /etc/crontab on
a nightly basis. I rely on cron to send me the results of the job,Ii'm
not telling it to pipe to mail or anything like that. Last night I
didn't get a notification email. I checked /var/log/maillog nothing was
sent. I looked in /var/spool/mqueue and there is a message in there.
It's cut off though, it doesn't show the full results of the export. I
checked my export log and everything was fine.

the mqueue file is 64K

-rw-------    1 root     root        65536 Jan 26 02:15 dfk0Q4U0i15380

which makes me beleive I'm hitting a 64K limit somewhere.

Any ideas?

--
Justin Bennett
Network Administrator