[nflug] windows media player files

David J. Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 11:57:26 EST 2006

--- "Robert F. Stockdale IV" <javabob at adelphia.net> wrote:

> I'm familiar with the --newuse flag however, what is the "-uDa"
> switch for. This thread has
> rekindled my interest in learning more about portage and emerge, but
> there is so much
> information to read.
> Bob

Well -uDa means,  UPDATE, DEEP, ASK.  u = update, d = do a deep
dependancy scan, a = provide a list of what it's going to do with a Y/N
question.

from the emerge man page:
--deep (-D)
              When  used in conjunction with --update, this flag forces
emerge to consider the entire dependency tree of packages,  instead  of
checking only the immediate dependencies of the packages.  As an
example, this catches updates in libraries that are not directly listed
in the dependencies of a package

Dave J. Andruczyk