[nflug] windows media player files

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 08:37:12 EST 2006

I've actually noticed (but not written down - DARN) that I get three different
players started when I browse funny videos.  mpgs seem to open in the browser
with the aforementioned mplayer plugin. (Debian testing)

avi seem to want to open XINE outside the browser and wmv or some other windows
(again I need to write this *&^% down!) want to open Totem outside the browser.
 Totem seems to be coming up as a choice since a recent software update (using
testing - things change from time to time).  I prefer mplayer plug in for all
mpg and QT apps and Xine for all others.

JJ