[nflug] samba wont start, fedora core 4, thinkpad x41

Mark Leffler mleffler at adelphia.net
Mon Jan 23 09:19:37 EST 2006

Thanks, tried that but no difference. I'm pretty sure I installed both parts upon initial install. FYI, here is the actual error message. It almost sounds like there is some syntax problem in a startup script, or maybe a permissions issue.

Script started on Mon 23 Jan 2006 09:07:23 AM EST
[root at lefflerm ~]# service smb start
Starting SMB services: /etc/init.d/functions: line 83:  3474 Aborted                 $nice $*
[FAILED]

Starting NMB services:
[root at lefflerm ~]#
Script done on Mon 23 Jan 2006 09:07:36 AM EST