[nflug] special event in Hamilton

Stephen sfielding7 at cogeco.ca
Fri Jan 20 19:41:29 EST 2006

xThe Hamilton Linux User Group is very proud to announce a special event
for our Wednesday February 1st meeting.  Our guests will be Bob Young,
Peter Salus and Ren Bucholz who will be participating in a panel
discussion dealing with Linux vs. SCO and the relevant freedom issues
and legalities.

Please join us for this free event in the Hamilton Room of the Hamilton
Public Library (Main Branch) at 55 York Street (next to the Farmers
Market).  The Hamilton Room can be found on the west side of the main
lobby.

Map to location:
http://map.hamilton.ca/mapit/MapIT_HGIS/MapIT.aspx?District=Hamilton&StNumber=55&StName=York&Direction=&Suffix=Blvd&label=Central%20Library

We will be starting at 7:00pm sharp and finishing by 10:00pm.
Refreshments will be generously provided by FibreWired Hamilton, our
sponsor for the evening.  http://www.fibrewired.com/hamilton/home.shtml

Bob Young - Owner of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Lulu.com digital
publishing and co-founder of Red Hat Software
http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?module=teamstaff&func=display&staffid=32

Peter Salus - Linguist, computer scientist, historian of technology,
author and editor of books on computing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_H._Salus

Ren Bucholz - Policy Coordinator, Americas, for the Electronic Frontier
Foundation
http://www.eff.org/about/staff/#ren_bucholz

We look forward to seeing you there.  Be sure to have tough questions
prepared for our guests.  :)

Regards,

Ron and Jennifer Harwood

forwarded by Stephen