[nflug] Cisco PIX 500 Series Secure Firewall (PIX-520)

kobear at sharedbrain.net kobear at sharedbrain.net
Thu Jan 19 21:16:38 EST 2006

You can do either.  The PIX 520 can either port forward the VoIP ports to the
router/VoIP unit, and the router can act as just a forwarder to the PIX.  You
may have to experiment with how to pass your VoIP traffic through, but it
should be doable.

I would put the PIX at the front of everything.  That way, you have the most
secure device facing the insecure internet, and you would also gain the benefit
of having the ability to create site-to-site and client-to-site VPN tunnels.

Kyle

Quoting robert_todd at adelphia.net: