[nflug] Faxing and VOIP

Tom McKim mckimt at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 08:40:42 EST 2006

You can hook up a fax to the regular line for the
handful of times you may fax.  It works fine.

They are basically just advertising a Second Line.

I personally tested using a Modem over Vonage.

I brought my mother's PC home with me when I was
repairing it as it was easier to download the service
packs over my broadband connection than her dial up.
While I had her PC I tested connecting to her new dial
up ISP and it worked fine.

--- Joshua Ronne Altemoos <joshua at wolfnix.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am still looking into which VOIP provider I would
> like to use but I can
> not find this piece of information I need. A lot of
> the companies offer a
> 'dedicated fax line' I do not send faxes often and
> receive them even less
> so my question is, Does it allow you to send faxes
> without this dedicated
> line? The company I plan on using is vonage and I
> can find noting about
> this on there website. Has anyone had any experience
> in this area? Thanks
> in advance.
>
> Josh
>
> ---