[nflug] boot option vga=792

Michael Phillips linux478 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 15:53:16 EST 2006

I had kernel 2.6.8 install where I could supply the kernel with vga=792. This
Xmas I bought 1G stick of ram for my computer.  In order for the linux to see
it all I had to compile the kernel.  So I decided to download 2.6.15.  When
compiling the kernel I copied my old .config file and change the processor I am
using, the memory to 4gb, and I modified the loop.c file to be able to mount
more isos.  After install the new kernel everything works fine except I can
supply vga=792.  I get a blank screen and linux still loads but I can not see
anything.  Do you guys know what I am missing here?

Michael D. Phillips - A computer science enthusiast
I do not hate Windows, I just like the alternatives better.
Linux is my primary choice.