[nflug] Ubuntu question

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 08:22:32 EST 2006

Josh, It doesn't come as just mplayer.
$apt-cache search mplayer
mplayer-386 - The Ultimate Movie Player For Linux
mplayer-586 - The Ultimate Movie Player For Linux
mplayer-686 - transitional dummy package which can be
safely removed
mplayer-custom - The Ultimate Movie Player For Linux
mplayer-doc - Documentation for mplayer
mplayer-fonts - Fonts for mplayer
mplayer-k6 - The Ultimate Movie Player For Linux
mplayer-k7 - transitional dummy package which can be
safely removed
mplayer-nogui - The Ultimate Movie Player For Linux
xmms-xmmplayer - XMMS plugin that uses MPlayer to play
video files
w32codecs - win32 dlls codecs for MPlayer (installer)

like a previous post said it's good to enable
multiverse repositories for the non-free stuff. Don't
forget the w32codecs and libdvd stuff.

--- Josh Johnson <joshj at linuxmail.org> wrote:

> I can't find mplayer.  What would you guys recomment
> for a dvd player?
> Totem doesnt work.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win
- Mohandas Gandhi