[nflug] external usb storage

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Sun Jan 8 10:13:17 EST 2006

anthonyriga wrote:

> Anyone have suggestions on compatable usb storage drives that are
> Linux compatable? Also how about just the  external enclosure itself
> and me adding the drive. Are ther any enclosures themselves Linux
> compatable? I have been looking on Pricewatch.com but see alot of
> Windows,mac compatable but no Linux.

We have an external usb case here that works just fine with Linux, any
2.6 kernel should be fine with it. The cool thing about the case is that
I can put any IDE device in it, hard drive, cd drive, dvd drive,
whatever. I have even had it so I could put a drive with Linux on it and
then boot using anyones pc, as long as the pc was able to boot from a
usb device (just about any new pc/bios should do it), all I had to do
was put the usb_storage stuff in the initrd image.