[nflug] Copy pop account email to another email address in QMAIL

speljamr at speljamr.com speljamr at speljamr.com
Fri Jan 6 16:06:13 EST 2006

Ok, I have figured out the answer. Here it is for anyone else running
Qmail:

John was close, but in Qmail the
"/home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail" just runs a shell command and
does end up injecting it in the queue again, thus my infinite loop.
However, you can specify delivery to a specific Maildir using the
following: "/home/vpopmail/domains/domain.com/username/Maildir/"
Then add another line with the address you need it to forward to with
"&user at emaildomain.com"

Do it exactly that way
and it works as expected, at least with vpopmail.

John, thanks
for your ideas, they helped push me in the right direction and I found the
final answer in the O'Reilly Qmail book. I just didn't know where to look
before.

Tim

wrote:
>> The .qmail file doesn't work. Everytime the message
is delivered to the
>> pop account it is forwarded to the
email address in the file. This ends
>> up creating an
infinite loop and you get something that looks like a
>> mail
bomb. I know because I tried this. I got 118 copies before I shut
>> it down.
>
> Did you just do this in your
.qmail file?

> .qmail-test
> test at test.com

> test2 at test.com
>
> If you did that, then yes
you will get an infinite loop. This is why
> you have to use the
program that actually delivers the message to the
> vuser's
directory (mbox, maildir, etc.), and not actually send the

message again.

> .qmail-test
> test2 at test.com
<-- injects the mail into the queue for delivery

|/usr/bin/vdeliver <-- writes the original message to the vuser's mail

> box, skipping injection into the queue
>
> --

> John C. Nichel IV
> Programmer/System Admin