[nflug] Copy pop account email to another email address in QMAIL

speljamr at speljamr.com speljamr at speljamr.com
Fri Jan 6 15:10:13 EST 2006

The .qmail file doesn't work. Everytime the message is delivered to the
pop account it is forwarded to the email address in the file. This ends up
creating an infinite loop and you get something that looks like a mail
bomb. I know because I tried this. I got 118 copies before I shut it
down.

However, I found a patch called qmail-tap at http://www.inter7.com/qmailtap/qmail-tap.diff.
It lets you define who to copy the email to in a qmail control file.

Unfortunately after I recompiled qmail I now get the following
error message from the SMTP server, sending and receiving: Server replied:
451 Temporary local problem

I managed to track the problem to
the following error in perl-scanner: X-Antivirus-MYDOMAIN-1.25-st-qms
Unable to open pipe to /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue

Anyone have
any ideas?

Tim

> speljamr at speljamr.com wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I am a recent user of
Qmail and I have a problem I have been unable to
>> find an
answer to yet. I thought some of the Qmail users out here might
>> be able to help.
>>
>> I need to have
email delivered to a pop account get copied to another

email address as well. It needs to go in both places. An alias won't
>> work because the original recipient must be able to download
their mail
>> from the original email address.
>>

>> In other words, test at test.com <mailto:test at test.com>
gets an email
>> delivered to his/her Maildir and a copy of
that email goes to
>> test2 at test.com.
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea how to accomplish this? I don't see
any tools
>> for doing so in the default Qmail install. If it
helps I am also using
>> vpopmail for the virtual domain
handling.

> .qmail file is your answer.
>
> I'm not sure how vpopmail delivers to the virtual users as I use

> vmailmgr, but I'm sure it's pretty much the same. vmailmgr has
a program
> that it uses to deliver to the virtual domains so you
can setup a .qmail
> file to send the message all over the place
then onto it's original
> destination.
>
> As
per your example, my .qmail file would look like this :

test2 at test.com
> |/usr/bin/vdeliver
>
> Look in
the 'home' directory of the domain recieving all the mail for

your domain, and you should see a .qmail-default file. Inside that file

> will be the instructions on how vpopmail delivers.
>

> --
> John C. Nichel IV
> Programmer/System
Admin (ÜberGeek)