[nflug] Erasing MBRs

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at Dynabrade.com
Wed Feb 22 14:53:17 EST 2006

What do you mean messed up? Is there a boot loader on the MBR? For linux
or windows?

In dos you can do a 'fdisk /mbr'

this will wipe it, which means if there was a lilo or grub on the MBR it
will be gone and you may not be able to boot your PC in linux.  If you
can boot into linux you should be able to do a 'lilo' or 'grub-install'
to reinstall the boot loader on the MBR (if that is where you configured
it to go).

Justin Bennett
Network Administrator
Dynabrade, Inc.