[nflug] restoring windows w/out bothering Linux

joshj at linuxmail.org joshj at linuxmail.org
Tue Feb 21 09:29:04 EST 2006

Thus spake Cyber Source on Sun, 19 Feb 2006

>> snip
> ahhhhh I see. If it came with the laptop and he didnt see such an option then
> I can pretty much guarantee that it was a restore cd and not a windows
> installation cd. If he already did this, he hosed his Linux.

Oh yeah. The linux partition was hosed before I started this thread. I
was just wondering if there was anything I could do for future
reference. They were definitely restore cd's. I should have mentioned
that first. But its disapointing, since every new computer comes only
with restore cd's. Actually, its not even that anymore. I helped my dad
buy a new computer recently and there is only a restore partition! I
mean, how cheap can you get! What if the disk goes bad? Anyway, I was
leary to start uninstalling all the shite that comes on a new computer
because I've never backed up windws from a 'restore partition' before.
I'm sure its pretty easy though. Sorry, windows just gets my blood
boiling.

-Josh J