[nflug] nfs and samba

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Thu Feb 16 10:51:17 EST 2006

Hello All,
  I am looking for a way for nfs and samba to play together nicely when
they share the same data. It is a situation that now we are employing
more Linux workstations and this need has come up and I am currently
having permission problems, was looking to see if any of you guys have a
method that works. For my nfs shares I use the option on the share
(anongid=***) and then add the users to that group. Is there a way for
samba and nfs users to share the same group? Or is there a better way
than this? Thanks, Peter