[nflug] hardware issue

may pre house the seamy side volitation wpos2 at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 15 22:24:13 EST 2006

I would try switching the processor slots.  The only reason that I can
think for this is that maybe the resistance in one of the pins of one of
the processors, however minute, is just enough in the MB circuitry to
throw it off.  Switching them around may put that pin on a more friendly
circuit.

Forgive my ignorance of dual-proc setups, but can you run just one
processor?  If you have the ability of trying each processor in each
slot, then the results may tell you something.

Then of course there's the old adage of starting with the bare basics
and adding stuff (I'm thinking of the SCSI card) until the system fails.