[nflug] New here and a Question

Tommy Rogers magtom2003 at dm-dos.com
Tue Feb 7 09:48:14 EST 2006

Hello All,

I just wanted to say hi.  I am new to this group.  I've been running
Linux for about two weeks now.  As of this point it is just more for fun
than anything else.  I am having a blast and finding myself wanting to
spend every possible minuet fooling around with it.  (to the dismay of
my wife :) ).

Because I'm so new at all of this please forgive me for asking a lot of
questions.  I have found that the Linux community, as a whole, is VERY
supportive of newbies, which I'm very greatful.

My first question:

I have installed a game that has a Linux Client called Neverwinters
Nights.  I can get the game working fine, but because the game itself
has software mouse rendering the mouse is very jumpy.  A user has
created a program called NWMOUSE and it will force the game to use
hardware rendering instead of software.  I have been having problems
getting the program to complies.  Here is the error message:

tommy at org-xandros:/usr/local/games/nwn$ ./nwmouse_install.pl
NOTICE: NWMouse: Executing: gcc -Inwmouse/libdis -g -fPIC -shared
-Wl,-soname,libdisasm.so nwmouse/libdis/libdis.c nwmouse/libdis/i386.c
-o nwmouse/libdis/libdisasm.so
NOTICE: NWMouse: Executing: gcc -shared -g -I/usr/include/libelf
-Inwmouse/libdis -o nwmouse/nwmouse.so nwmouse/nwmouse_cookie.c
nwmouse/nwmouse_link.S nwmouse/nwmouse_link2.S nwmouse/nwmouse.c -ldl
-lelf -Xlinker -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXcursor -lSDL
NOTICE: NWMouse: Please check for errors above
NOTICE: NWMouse: nwmouse executable built. Please modify your nwn
startup command to
NOTICE: NWMouse: set LD_PRELOAD to include 'nwmouse.so', before
executing nwmain.

Does anybody have any Ideas?  Thanks !

Tommy