[nflug] Realplayer install problems

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Wed Feb 1 14:12:38 EST 2006

Hi.  I've got firefox 1.5 installed (from tarball) in /home/bigbird/firefox.
I just downloaded RealPlayer10GOLD.bin to /home/bigbird/Firefox Extensions.

It won't install and throw the following error:

bigbird ~/installs: $cd "Firefox Extensions"
bigbird ~/installs/Firefox Extensions: $*.bin -d /home/bigbird/firefox
Extracting files for RealPlayer installation....sh: line 1:
/home/bigbird/installs/Firefox: No such file or directory
Broken pipe
bigbird ~/installs/Firefox Extensions: $

I tried:
cd /home/bigbird/installs
ln -s firefox Firefox

 but then it complained that Firefox was a directory

I tried,:
 *.bin -d firefox

and that didn't work either.

How do I fix this?