[nflug] Merry Xmas and Beryl

Stephen Burke qfwfq at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 25 18:02:11 EST 2006

Frank Kumro wrote:
> Merry Christmas (to those who celebrate)!
>
> And to the real point of this message: I dumped my ati card and went
> back to my nvidia one, issued a couple simple commands and
> boom...beryl and xgl. I must say this is some pretty neat stuff. Well
> I'm off to play, just wanted to share some of my excitement!

Just a suggestion:

Be careful of the Skydome thingy in the cube settings.  I had it going
briefly, and it was nice and light (as opposed to the black space
around/through the regular cube, but I gather from googling that it
worked much better in 1.1 than 1.3. Meanwhile, I've already deleted the
~/.beryl/settings file and started over at least a couple times by now. ;-)

Fun for days.

Happy Winter Solstice,
S.