[nflug] Desktop Candy

J.G.Boice evrgreen at netsync.net
Sat Dec 16 03:21:17 EST 2006

> Cyber Source wrote:
> One thing that both e and kde have over gnome, however, unless I'm
> mistaken, is the ability to put a different picture on each desktop, so
> I can tell where I am at a glance. I've been searching for that and not
> finding it in gnome. Is it even possible or should I just give that one
> up?
>
> Thanks,
> S.

Hmm, yeah.
I'll confess that I don't have a lot of desire to get more eyecandy than
KDE provides:
1] Any decent jpg I can DL or snap w/ my digicam as wallpaper
2] in any degree of transparency,
3] with or without a 2-color gradient background fading in;
4] kicker panel in any color, with any degree of transparency;
5] translucent window borders;
6] Customizable popup menus via left- middle- & right-clicks on up to 20
virtual desktops.

There's probably a lot more, but I can only play around with customizing
for so long before I feel guilty about not getting any work done. . .