[nflug] Simplistic Audio ripping and burning

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Tue Dec 12 23:13:15 EST 2006

Hi.  I've recently upgraded to kubuntu and need some help doing basics
in the *much* newer system.

I have an audio CD with two tracks on it.  I want to rip just the first
track and then create an mp3 from the whole first track and then repeat
the end of the same track (from 13:33 to about 20:00) a couple of times
- preferably in the same mp3.

What's the easiest way to do this (without learning really complex
programs)?

So far, I managed to rip the track using jack, but I only got it to
create an ogg file and my cd player (the final destination for this)
won't play ogg.  I then told jack to make an mp3, but the encoder
returned a 255 (-1) and quit.

TIA

Joe