[nflug] ssh to rdesktop

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Wed Aug 30 16:07:17 EDT 2006

you can do this, you just need to insure that x11 forwarding is on.

relevant ssh_config values...
 Host *
    ForwardX11Trusted yes
    ForwardAgent yes
    ForwardX11 yes

relevant sshd_config values...
X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10
#X11UseLocalhost yes

add these and reload sshd, kill -HUP `cat /var/run/sshd.pid`

once you've done this login with another ssh session and $DISPLAY should
be set, check with echo $DISPLAY

Bootz wrote:
> Hi, I'm in a ssh session and want to start a rdesktop session ...I can't
> right?
>
> ERROR: Failed to open display:
>
> is there some way I can get even a dos command line through rdesktop
> while I am in a ssh session?  I don't have telnet setup on the windows
> server, so thats out.
>
> I just need to be an administrator on the windows server and execute a
> command.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

Darin Perusich