[nflug] DNS Question

anthonyriga torrodimerda at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 11:45:07 EDT 2006

I have setup DNS Bind9 on my home network with runs
great only master no slave nameserver. Im still trying
to learn dns. I have noticed on Window server DNS if
the ip addresses of a pc changes the DNS records and
ptr records update automaticaly. Or new pc is added to
the network it is updated automatically.
  When using bind if I add new pc to the network I
need to add that record in manually the name of the pc
and ipaddress correct? What happens if the ipaddress
changes? Do I need to change the named.conf file and
change the ipaddress too? Is there a way that bind
cant do these updates like Windows DNS does?