[nflug] [ot] Is there a local service that can make a dv file froma Minidv tape?

Sam Stern samstern at samstern.net
Thu Aug 17 16:28:01 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I've found three services that meet my needs. Once of them is local but
unfortunately was a tad more costly that I could afford.

In the event someone else is looking for the same services here are the
three folks that made the final cut:

Cheap, Out of State, mentioned only because the services is surprising
cheap. Might be good for a bulk transfer for this reason.
http://www.nettapes.com

P.S. Although not listed, he can provide the avi (dv) format if asked. Could
not assure me that there would be no frames dropped.

More costly for what I needed, Buffalo - Local, very hands on, good choice
if editing or fix up is needed.

<www.b-rollvideoproductions.com>

In state, high volume in dv conversions (his main business), inexpensive for
a simple conversion
<http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cps/193914980.html>

I found several others who could provide the service but each seemed to
flawed either they argued with me over format, felt my job was too small, or
did not return my calls.

FYI

Sam S.