[nflug] Off Topic - Freezing HTML Table Column

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at Dynabrade.com
Wed Aug 16 10:11:06 EDT 2006

Sorry for the off topic post.  But I know some guys here do some Web work.

What I'm looking for is a simple way to freeze a column on an html table
(or equivalent) so that when the user scrolls, that column follows. It's
for proofing a large dump of data from a database using PHP.

Basically the first column is 'Item Number' and there is 40 or so other
columns to the right. It's in just an HTML table now, and as the user
scrolls with the browsers scroll bar to see more columns on the right,
the item number obviously scrolls out of sight on the left.

I know there all all kinds of complex DHTML plugins and things that can
do this, I'm just looking for a simple solution.

Thanks
Justin