[nflug] Spam

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Wed Aug 16 07:45:26 EDT 2006

this should be pretty easy. email to the company needs to come in thru
some smtp server/gateway which is on the internet, hopefully this isn't
the exchange server. setup this new machine as the relay for your
companies incoming and outgoing email.

you can set this machine up with postfix, amavisd-new, spamassassin, and
razor fairly simply and it's knock you spam down by 85% - 90%.

ckeck out http://www.flakshack.com/anti-spam/wiki/index.php for the
complete details. this article is using OpenBSD but you can very easily
use SuSE or any other linux distro in it's place.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator
darinper at cognigencorp.com