[nflug] UPS and USB

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Fri Aug 4 08:42:46 EDT 2006

Hello All,
  Has anyone installed a UPS with USB connectivity in Linux? I usually
get serial port UPS's (rs232) but they are getting harder and harder to
find and are being priced way way past the USB ones now.  I could do the
usual, buy it and try it thing on one but would like to know if anyone
out there has the USB ones working in Linux. They usually include
software for UNIX on the cd's but the USB ones are win/mac only. I could
probably make them work by installing apcupsd but who knows. Someone out
there must have tried a UPS on USB in Linux, any thoughts? TIA