[nflug] Stand-alone scanner?

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Sun Apr 30 13:23:43 EDT 2006

Just tried gocr on some scans.  On my best one, it got some of the
letters right, but not enough to be useful.  The jpg I used looked very
clear and I used 100% (no compression) when I wrote it, but I don't know
how many dpi it was to start with.  I may do another one from scratch
where I know all the variables.

My first attempt was on a bad scan and that caused a stack overflow and
gocr hung, so I think gocr is probably not ready for prime time.  I
understand  it producing garbage for a bad image, but it shouldn't have
internal errors.

Joe