[nflug] Stand-alone scanner?

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Sat Apr 29 16:13:39 EDT 2006

I don't know if this exists, but I'm looking for a scanner that I could
take to a library, etc. and run it over text like a highlighter (one or
more lines at a time) and get the image or, even better, ocr'd text
stored in it for later use.  Preferably, it would be like a Walkman or
Palm (I have a Tungsten E) with a wand attached to it.  It must be small
and light and interface with a PC or Palm so the text could be used
later.  It needs some sort of display to verify what was scanned, show
memory usage, etc.

This would really help when doing library research and just to extract
highlights from a book that I no longer want to keep.

I think I saw a wand like this years ago.

Any ideas?

TIA

Joe