[nflug] NFS noac option

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at Dynabrade.com
Mon Apr 24 08:04:21 EDT 2006

    I hadn't touched my auto mount config files for years, and after
noting a performance issue related to the 'noac' option between a redhat
3 server and 2.1 client, I went back and noticed I had 2 options, noac,
and soft. I origionally didn't know why I put the noac option, and I
took it out.

    I think I stated that I put a 'soft' mount option to let the
unmounts occur easier and that seemed to open a can of worms. :) No all
linux, mixed redaht versions. It's the courier imap that needs to be
shutdown first and by default when you install it there is no init
script so it wasn't shutting down. .

Justin Bennett
Network Administrator
Dynabrade, Inc.