[nflug] Kernel Panic Help

David J. Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 6 13:16:34 EDT 2006

--- "David W. Aquilina" <david at starkindler.us> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 05:46:48AM -0700, David J. Andruczyk wrote:
> > This kernel is WAY out of date as well.  (what version fo RH
> Enterprise
> > is this? 2.1?)
>
> No, that kernel is only one release behind, and it doesn't look like
> anything relevant to the problem was fixed in the newer version:
>
> https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2006-0191.html
>
> And yes, that's RHEL 2.1.
>
> I took a quick look through Bugzilla but didn't see anything that
> matched. I'd suggest opening up a support case if you still have
> support, or at least filing a BZ yourself.

Any reason why you're running such an ANCIENT version of RH enterprise?
There are numesous advantages to the newer releases inclduing bugfixes
and much much better scalability (esp with RHEL4).

Well redhat rarely lists the contents of the bugfixes (In that RHSA
above they just state" as well as other bugs...." ) in their reports,
only the security implications.  I'd say if you can't or are unwilling
to consider moving up to the more recent edition or RH EL, to at least
install this newer kernel and run it to see if the problem still
exists.

Dave J. Andruczyk