[nflug] TBird & DSL (Windoze question)

Sam Stern samstern at samstern.net
Sun Apr 2 08:33:46 EDT 2006

Hi Joe,

It's best if you use the gui for this. That said, here is a sample from my
Windows Thunderbidrd setup that shows the entries needed for the smtp
server:

user_pref("mail.smtp.defaultserver", "smtp1");
user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp1.auth_method", 1);
user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp1.description",
"mail.internal.samstern.net");
user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp1.hostname", "mail.internal.samstern.net");
user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp1.port", 25);
user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp1.try_ssl", 1);
user_pref("mail.smtpserver.smtp1.username", "samstern");
user_pref("mail.smtpservers", "smtp1");

Good Luck!

Sam S.