[nflug] TBird & DSL (Windoze question)

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Sun Apr 2 01:01:40 EST 2006

My friend just got DSL and I'm setting up everything (in Windoze).
Everything works, but the notebook is set up for dial up (and I don't
want to delete it).  In Tbird (1.5.1), everything works except TBird
insists on using smtp.buffnet.net (the dial up) and doesn't give any
option to select outgoing.Verizon.net.  In prefs.js, etc. all I found
was a reference to "smtp1".

Just to get things to work (with tech support ...), I configured LookOut
Express.  It was a piece of cake - just let me fill in whatever I wanted
for smtp.  How the heck do I do that for TBird?

Thanks.

Joe

P.S. If this works out as well as I hope, I'm going to switch my isp too
- and that'll be Linux.  I know I'll be asking questions then.