[nflug] Live CD help

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Sat Apr 1 10:41:49 EST 2006

I just downloaded, burned and booted SystemRescueCD.
It booted nicely on my notebook, but I can't seem to get to my usb drive
(now formatted as one big ext3 partition with the monster dd backup file
on it - but with plenty of free space).  (Tat file is so big that ls -l
can't handle displaying it's size and says so.)

Looking in /dev, there are no entries for sda*, so I don't know how to
mount my drive.  I'm used to
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
which works on the other LiveCD's.

The device seems to be there (see below).  I just don't know how to
mount it.

Any ideas?

Joe

All below is retyped from screen, so there may be typos.

dmesg | grep usb
usbcore: registered new driver ub
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
usbcore registered new driver usb-storage
usbcore: registered new driver usbhi9d
drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c v2.6:USB HID core driver

I viewed the whole dmesg, and there's some other usb related stuff in
there, but nothing that looks like an error.

dmesg | grep sda yields nothing

lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0702 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB 2.0 IDE Adapter
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000