SIR reset

Mike Richardson mtr3 at buffalo.edu
Wed Sep 28 15:56:40 EDT 2005

Tom Morgan wrote:
> I have a Netra t1 105 Solaris machine that is posting
> "SIR reset" continuously. I have searched the net and
> haven't found anything useful other than that is is
> "dreaded". I am wondering if I might get lucky and
> have someone here who may have an idea what I can do
> to bypass this. Fortunately this is a pooled system so
> at this point it isn't an urgency but I would like to
> fix it just the same. Thank you in advance!

Not one I've seen before, but a little digging suggested a "System
Initiated Reset" (Sun loves their obscure acronyms) often indicative of
a CPU or Motherboard failure.

Only posted solution I'd seen was "pray that you have a Sun service
contract". I would assume that replacing either item new (or even
refurb) would be expensive.

--
Michael Richardson
Web Programmer, ePharmacotherapy Networks