Source Based Distro's.

Robert F. Stockdale IV javabob at adelphia.net
Fri Sep 23 05:52:48 EDT 2005

I've been running Gentoo since early spring. Seems to be the most stable
distro I've ever used. Installing takes some time as everything gets
compiled (that is if you start a Stage 1 installation), not just
installing pre-compiled binaries. Gentoo is awesome at resolving
dependencies and is easy to maintain. Most other distros gave me
headaches of one type or another. Especially with my video card and
monitor combination. Not a single flicker. Important note is to follow
the Installation Guide and read as much as possible. The guide can even
be accessed through one of the virtual terminals using a text based web
browser and then you can cut and paste commands between them.
Bob