Lyx Question

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Sat Sep 17 11:01:20 EDT 2005

Never having used or heard of lyx, I thought I would try it out. So I
yummed it, checked it out on my FC4 box and I saw that when I ran it
from a command line the first time, it was bitching about
"(evince:23247): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Cannot load module
`/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libcdda.so'
(/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libcdda.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory)
Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion"

So, I googled that a bit and seen it's related to gnome-vfs2, so I
yummed that and it upgraded a bunch of stuff. Then it looked different
on startup (splash was different) and I was able to load an image,
export it as a *.pdf and it was all fine, no bitching, etc.. I could
send the pdf I made if you would like to see it.