802.11g madness

Richard Hubbard hubbardr at adelphia.net
Mon Sep 5 13:02:14 EDT 2005

I am going mad.  I am looking for an 802.11 cardbus/pcmcia card for my
laptop.  My dlink almost works, but with the release of fedora core 4,
it seems that redhat moved all the sources to different locations, and
the drivers no longer want to compile.

I have coding to do  for in my Operating Systems class that I really
don't want to be bothered with this crap.

Does anyone know of an 802.11 card that meets any or all of the
following requirements:
1. Just _WORKS_ in FC4 without any other fuss
2. Drivers install with a VENDOR SUPPLIED RPM so that it will just work.
3. Drivers work with an OS Community supplied RPM so that it just works.

The issue with FC4 is that I am teaching a class which is based on RH
linux, and it is easier to demonstrate similar utilities with Fedora.

If necessary, I'll bail and go back to FC3 which worked. But if anyone
can help, I would be most grateful.

Bob, didn't you have an 802.11 card that just works?

Thanks!