mysqld PID problems, I think...

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Thu Sep 1 19:21:22 EDT 2005

Agreed... you may see multiple 'mysqld' processes when doing a 'ps aux',
but there should only be one pid file written, usually to /var/run/mysql/
or /var/lib/mysql/. Depending on the kernel you have, sometimes all
threads are shown, and in other kernels you may see [mysqld] and no other
processes in the list.  That should be nothing to worry about.

--
To each their own...