[nflug] CDROM error

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Fri Oct 28 08:46:06 EDT 2005

JJ Neff wrote:

>These were just the other devices as well.
>Internal:
>DVD burner /dev/hdc
>DVDPlayer /dev/hdd
>External:
>CDBurner /dev/scd0
>
>I will try to get the error again this weekend and post the actual error.  I'm
>almost sure it's coming from the disk subsystem - possibly kernel related.
>
>JJN
>

>>*clip*<Seen as /dev/hdc (a dvd reader
>>is /dev/hdd and an external burner is /dev/scd0)>
>>
>>I totally don't understand what you mean here.

I have generally found multiple cd/dvd devices to be problematic ranging
from flaky stuff like your experiencing to making coasters. Wouldn't
just your DVD burner (/dev/hdc) suffice for everything? There could be
some strange mapping of devices going on. I would try putting the box
through the paces with just the /dev/hdc and see what happens. I really
can't see the need for multiple cd/dvd drives and I've always seen
problems associated with them.