[nflug] [Fwd: [social] Wireless Networking in Linux - Redux]

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Thu Oct 20 13:47:44 EDT 2005

I really have not had much (if any) trouble with wireless in Linux and I
find it to be extremely stable when running. I have had zero problems
with PCI cards and the only time I have had troubles was with USB
wireless (impossible). If native drivers aren't available then the
ndiswrapper is an easy, workable solution. No, installing one is not an
exercise for a Linux newbie, but plenty of help is around (nflug). The
wpa, wep stuff can be a drawback if it's not supported for your card as
this will leave you to open up your router a little more but it's really
not a concern for Linux boxes and there are other ways to tighten up
your router (static ip's, limited number allowed, etc.) so windows boxes
might be a little more secure (if that's possible ;) ).