[nflug] Media Stats Packages

Len Thornton len at lenthornton.com
Tue Oct 18 12:40:50 EDT 2005

Frank ,

> I am having some trouble finding a stats package which will process
> media server logs. Does anyone know of any? We are looking for
> something which would show current listeners of streams and such.
> Thanks again guys (and gals if your out there)

I'm in the process of setting up an Icecast server on my RH9 server.
The doc recommends using Webalizer, Analog and AWStats, but the setup
info isn't written for them yet.

Haven't looked into any of these yet, but "Analog"
(http://www.analog.cx/) with Report Magic (http://www.reportmagic.org/)
seems a natural fit.

As far as showing current listeners, there may be some propriety status
pages viewable from a browser.  In the case of IceCast, it's
http://server:port/status1.xsl to show current file being streamed, and
http://server:port/status2.xsl to show number of listeners.  What media
server are you using?

Len