good linux mobo advice

Robert F. Stockdale IV javabob at adelphia.net
Wed Oct 12 20:21:50 EDT 2005

I've had superb stability and performance with Tyan and AMD Athlon. My
workstation is currently running a Dual Athlon 1800MP+. I believe that
one gets more processor for your dollar with AMD cpu's. I've had
problems in the past with MSI, FIC and Gigabyte boards. My daughter is
running an Asus board with an Athlon 64 and that is rock steady and
fast. We both run Gentoo. Hope this helps.
Bob