Yum

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Tue Oct 11 08:15:57 EDT 2005

A neat little thing I like to do is this, "yum list > yumlist", That
will create a file called yumlist in the directory that you ran the
command in. I then use this file to search for packages available, very
handy. For instance, say you wanted to install the app timidity, so you
go "yum install timidity" right? Wrong, it's says no arguement match or
something like that, so what gives? Ah, but a quick search in the
yumlist file shows that the app is called timidity++ so then "yum
install timidity++" works! The app still fires up with the command
timidity. Little naming differences like that can have you pulling your
hair out, this is a nice way around that.