IDE for linux

John Nichel john at kegworks.com
Fri Oct 7 09:17:11 EDT 2005

Scott Fleming wrote:
> I'm a long time Homesite v4 user for writing my asp, php, and HTML, XML
> as well as other code, and I'm on day 10 being windows free. I want to
> begin writing code on my Fedora machine, and I'm curious what some good,
> reliable editors are available.
>
> I really like the FTP ability of Homesite, to the the point where I
> almost have to have it as a feature in my Linux version, as I update
> alot (30+) of websites and code.
>
> Think I'll dream on over to Fresh Meat, and see what they have, but I'd
> love to hear what any of the members of this list use.

Used to be a long time Quanta user, but now that my company's paying for
it, I'm using the Zend Studio Development Enviroment.  Zend can handle
multiple languages with highlighting (as most editors today), code
completion, and syntax checking (with php at least).  It has built in
features for mapping out FTP/SFTP sites, CVS, etc.  Quanta's free, Zend
costs.

Quanta : http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/
Zend : http://www.zend.com/store/products/zend-studio/

--