Automating reports

Robert F. Stockdale IV javabob at adelphia.net
Tue Oct 4 04:47:30 EDT 2005

Unfortunately wget doesn't download the graphics correctly. Actually it
downloads the page without the graphic. This is the command I used:

wget
http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/printable.asp?symb=SPX&siteid=mktw&intflavor=advanced&submitted=true&time=8&freq=1&comp=Enter%20Symbol:&compidx=aaaaa~0&uf=4&ma=1&maval=50&lf=4&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&compind=aaaaa~0&size=1&style=1013&customdate=true&startdate=0&enddate=0&linkname=Interactive%20Charting&origurl=/tools/quotes/intchart.asp&rand=478450953

If the web address is loaded in a browser it brings up a printable chart
of the S&P 500 index. Is there something I'm missing? The Fpdf looks
like a great idea. Hope I can use it. I'm not real good at scripting,
although I'm trying to learn some. Been looking at abs-guide (Advanced
Bash Scripting Guide) and some Python.
Thank you.
Bob