[nflug] drive integrity check

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 30 18:52:47 EST 2005

Well, it depends on the filesystem,  if it's a linux filesystem (any of them)
the default checker, e2fsck, reiserfsck, jfsck or xfs_repair should fix
anything,  if it's a DOS/windows FS, Youre best bet is to google around.

NOTE: I've seen I/O disk problem just for simply using the wrong cable.  i.e.
if it's a newer faster drive, it'll need that special 80 pin IDE cable.  if you
use a 40 pin one speeds suffer and data corruption happens.

--- Eric Benoit <ebenoit at hopevale.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a drive integrity check program on linux?  I may be
> using Norton Ghost wrong, but I thought running the drive integrity
> check would have picked up that a drive had 80 plus bad clusters ...that
> keep growing, please forgive my ignorance, but I thought this was the
> sign of a HDD on it's last leg.

Dave J. Andruczyk